J.A. Montgomery Consulting and the NJCE JIF has created the “NJCE Leadership Academy” for Managers, Administrators, Department Heads, and Supervisors interested in sharpening and expanding communication, conflict resolution, stress management, and team-building skills. The goal is to enhance leadership skills by offering participants varied and in-depth training.
Classes will be offered through the Live Safety Training Monthly Schedules on the njce.org site (https://njce.org/safety/safety-webinars/) and will include a combination of virtual and in-person* options at various locations throughout New Jersey. Jersey (If a link is not present on the Monthly Training Schedules or a class date/location is not showing on the NJCE LMS the class may not be offered yet, so please check back.) Participants who successfully complete the requirements will receive a plaque to commemorate graduation from the NJCE Leadership Academy. Note: The Safety Leadership Plaques will be distributed once a year starting in 2023. More details to follow.
- Complete 6 Mandatory classes and 4 Elective classes of your choice (Law Enforcement has 5 Mandatory classes)
- Classes must be completed within two-years from the date the student starts the program.
If you enrolled during the first two enrollment sessions with the 1/1/2022 or 7/1/2022 Program Start Date, the new curriculum changes do not apply and you will complete the academy using the original curriculum (Safety Leadership Academy Flyer 2022).
Academy Open Enrollment:
Open enrollment will be held for 3-weeks prior to each session. The enrollment form must be submitted during this timeframe, or the participant will not be eligible to start and will be required to wait for the next enrollment period. Participants only have to enroll one time. Once enrolled they can register for mandatory and elective classes.
Open Enrollment Dates: Click on the date during open enrollment to fill out the registration form.
- December 1-22, 2022 (Start Date: January 1, 2023) (enrollment period has ended)
- June 1-22, 2023 (Start Date: July 1, 2023)
- December 1-22, 2023 (Start Date: January 1, 2024)
LEADERSHIP ACADEMY CLASS LIST
The list below includes all classes approved for the NJCE Leadership Academy. Please note that classes will be offered on a rotating basis. All classes are virtual except where noted with (*) to indicate “in-person” only. Registration for all these classes is open to everyone; however, they will only count towards the graduation requirements if a person is enrolled in the Leadership Academy.
MANDATORY CLASSES (6)
- The Power of Collaboration (JIF 101)*
- Implicit Bias in the Workplace
- Ethics for NJ Local Government Employee
- Protecting Children from Abuse in NJ Government Programs
- Practical Leadership – 21 Irrefutable Laws*
- Leadership Skills for Supervisors Workshop** – (Two Full Days – must attend both days): 2023 Class Schedule
**Not Required for Law Enforcement
- Accident Investigation
- Building a Constitutionally Sound Police Department Through Training
- Law Enforcement: Below 100*
- CDL: Supervisor Reasonable Suspicion
- Law Enforcement: Career Survival for First-Line Supervisor*
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Microlearning – Theory & Practices
- Ethical Decision-Making
- Preparing for First Amendment Audits
- Employee Conduct and Violence Prevention in the Workplace
- Preparing for the Unspeakable
- Productive Meeting Best Practices
- Public Employers: What You Need to Know
- Safety Coordinators’ Skill Training
To Qualify for Completion: All class completions will be recorded in attendee transcripts in the NJCE Learning Management System by the Leadership Academy Administration Office. Please keep track of the dates, times and class titles of all your completed Mandatory and Elective courses. Information on how to submit this information to the Leadership Academy Administration Office will be released, please check back.
To register for LIVE (Virtual and In-Person*) classes view the schedule and click on the registration link https://njce.org/safety/safety-webinars/. If a link is not present on the Monthly Training Schedules or a class date/location is not showing on the NJCE LMS the class may not be offered yet, so please check back.
PLEASE NOTE: Links for the In-Person* class registration will take you to the NJCE Learning Management System (LMS) to enroll in the class. If you have not been set-up with a User Account please click on the “New User Registration” button at the bottom of the login page.
- Once on the Home Page click on the appropriate College (one of the 7 Departmental named boxes).
- Under CLASSROOM COURSES/WORKSHOPS click on the In-Person* class you would like to enroll in.